An EIPA score of 4.0 or above meets the State of California’s requirement to interpret in the K-12 setting.
Performance Test – $425
- $350 must be paid online when you register through Boystown.
- $75 non-refundable deposit required to secure testing slot payable to RISE Interpreting.
- Performance Tests are offered Monday – Friday 8a – 5p.
- Plan on being in the office for approximately 2 hours.
- You will be scheduling your EIPA with Boys Town online registration.
Candidate will choose from the following options:
- ASL, PSE, or MCE
- Elementary or Secondary
- Receptive portion – candidate will view 2 Deaf students and select 1 to test with.
- Expressive portion – candidate will review 2 sets of lesson topics and select 1 set (3-4 topics).
- Warm-up (35 minutes): candidate will view student signing samples and review lesson plans for reception portion. ASL and English Dictionaries will be provided.
- Receptive (25 minutes)
- Expressive (35 minutes)