Interpreter Employment Interview Application
RISE Interpreting is headquartered in Riverside, CA but provides interpreting services throughout all of Southern California. Our mission is to make effective communication fully accessible between Deaf and Hearing individuals through quality interpreting and community education. We are seeking qualified applicants for a various Staff Interpreting positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitates effective communication between Deaf/Hard of hearing and hearing parties in various settings. The interpreter will serve the community by: providing excellent customer service, educating the hearing client about Deaf culture when appropriate, and sharing relevant resources. Participate in additional projects that lead to the development and progress of the organization.
- Interpret messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages individually or as a team.
- Identify, prepare, plan, and compile relevant information to prepare for assignments based on data received via job confirmation.
- Sight translates written documents when necessary.
- Educate clients and consumers about the role and functions of interpreters.
- Abide by the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct (CPC).
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers regarding clients/consumers where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Valid RID/NAD Certification||Undergraduate Degree Preferred|
|EIPA or ESSE Certification 4.0+||Completion of Interpreter Training Program (ITP)|
|High School Diploma|
We will discuss in the interview which position you are interested in applying for.
|Required experience:||Interpreting: 1 year|
|Required language:||American Sign Language|
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.
To apply with us, complete the form below and submit your resume (via email or fax.) Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application. If you are not yet certified, please include three professional references.
* If you experience technical difficulty uploading your resume, please email it to - email@example.com