Is there a charge for interpreters?
Yes, we do charge an hourly fee for interpreting services (2-hour minimum).
How do I request an interpreter?
The organization/person paying for the interpreter should contact our office to set up an agreement.
When should I ask for an interpreter?
As soon as you schedule your appointment or know you will need an interpreter.
Can I have my favorite interpreter?
Yes! Please ask for that person at the same time as making the request. We will book them if available.
Can I request a male or female for my appointments?
Yes. With advanced notice, we can usually accommodate gender preference.
How do I know if I will have an interpreter?
We will email you confirmation when we book an interpreter. Contact our office to set up your profile.
Is RISE involved in the Deaf Community?
Yes! Yes! Yes!
- RISE sponsors multiple Deaf Community events (CSDR movie night, Deaf Awareness Week, etc)
- The owners and most office staff are fluent in ASL
- The owners and staff have Deaf family (see About us)
- Our CEO is the Vice Chair for Riverside’s Model Deaf Community Committee
- Our CFO served as Secretary for CAD - San Jacinto Valley Chapter
- Several staff regularly volunteer interpret on a weekly basis
- Staff serve on ASL Advisory Committees for local schools and colleges
Can I give feedback to my interpreter?
We encourage you to share your feedback directly with the interpreter. If you’re not comfortable doing so, please call us to share. We will discuss it with the interpreter.
What if the interpreter was not a good fit?
Please call us to discuss. If necessary, we will mark that interpreter as “Not Preferred” by you and not send them to your future appointments.